Location: Washington, PA
Salary: $40K to $60K per year, depending on experience. (No relocation assistance.)
- Temp to Hire. The Company intends to transition this position to direct hire after 90 days.
- Benefits after hire include: medical, dental, vision, LTD & STD, 401K, wellness programs.
The statements included in this Job Description are intended to reflect, in general, the duties and responsibilities of this classification and are not intended to be interpreted as being all inclusive.
Manages the human resources functions for the Company’s plant. Assists the VP & GM by providing human resources support to the Company’s manufacturing operations.
The position is characterized by the confidential nature of its duties. Knowledge of personnel policies and operating procedures required.
- Serves as the focal point of Human Resources inquiries, responding to basic questions, and ensuring all Human Resources inquiries are met.
- Responsible for various monthly reporting including headcount, labor report, affirmative action items.
- Responsible for various reports due to the Company including engagement, climate, and safety.
- Manages the procurement of temporary service through agencies that provide temporary employees.
- Maintains employee files including personnel information in the SAP system, and insures they are kept current. Current personnel files will need to be updated to Company standards.
- Assists in orientation of new employees to make them familiar with Company practices and services.
- Assists in record keeping in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Coordinates monthly Engagement focus groups to garner information on associates’ work perspective.
- Monitors human resources climate at the plant and advises/counsels managers on human resources issues. Address issues which place the Company at legal risk.
- Assists in the updating of personnel policies, procedures, and programs at the Company’s plant.
- Conducts training and identifies programs that will upgrade skills of supervisors and managers.
- Assists in safety training, accident reporting and associate work monitoring to drive a culture of safe work environment.
- Must be capable of complying with Company Attendance Policy.
- Must assume a leadership role in adherence to safety initiatives and policies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The responsibilities of this position are diverse in nature and cover a broad spectrum within the human resources area. However, the primary objective of this position is to assist in the maintenance of a positive, productive human resources environment throughout the Company. This position contributes to this objective by: successfully managing the human resources function, assisting the plants in resolution of human resources issues, the development of proactive programs, and responding to Company requirements.
To be successful in this position, the incumbent must build strong relationships throughout the organization. These relationships must go beyond the human resources function to include plant managers and the staff for the incumbent to be fully effective.
Requirements for this position include:
- A bachelor’s degree, with a major in Human Resource Management or Business preferred
- A minimum of three or more years’ human resources experience including payroll, benefits administration, training, recruiting, safety, and employee morale
- Prefer the candidate has a human resources background from industrial or manufacturing environments.
- The incumbent must have a strong working knowledge of good human resources principles, affirmative action, recruiting, labor law, and union avoidance.
- Must be aggressive, energetic and take initiative to courteously meet the public, and successfully render service to employees.
Must maintain, in strict confidence, all phases of the Human Resources function. In accordance, the candidate must also be able to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
[tell-a-friend id=”1″ title=”Tell a friend”]